Thursday, November 18, 2010

To The Greatest Dad Ever

Today is my dad's birthday.  This is a tribute to him:



Kickstart My Heart
by Motley Crue

Coming up with five songs for you was tough, not because I couldn't think of any but because I could think of too many. There were several Motley Crue songs to choose from, but I chose this one because this line in the song, "Years gone by I say we've kicked some ass... I say we're still kicking ass." I certainly think you are still awesome and I think you'll be badass no matter the age.





Sing, Sing, Sing
by Benny Goodman

Because you do love Big Band music and you've passed that love on to all of us. Again there were many to choose from from, but I chose this one because it is timeless like you, has a range of musical variations like you, and its popular because it is that good. Just like you.




For Those About to Rock (We Salute You)
by AC/DC

When it was my birthday you dedicated AC/DC to me, so I could do no less. As someone who always rock we, everyone who knows and loves you, salute you today on your birthday. Thank you for being so amazing.





He Stopped Loving Her Today
by George Jones

My dad only likes two slow songs and this is one of them. So I had to include it on this countdown...

I'll never forget hearing this song blasting out of your radio at work and shocked because it was such a slow song.





Small Town
by John Mellencamp

Because my dad was born in a small town and grew up in a small town. I don't know what song describes you more perfectly than this song. And although we no longer live there we are grateful to have it in our lives, just like I'm grateful to have you as a daddy. I can say with all confidence you are the best dad ever!

I hope you have a most blessed birthday and the best year of your life yet.

No comments: