Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Incredible Truth

I don't know about you, but when God is teaching me lessons and I'm learning about Him and how things work he usually starts with something small. Then I start to hear or see whatever it is everywhere. Today was no different.

Now my frustration with teaching Sunday school is well known. Most of it due to the fact that I'm not sure how to engage kids ranging from 2nd to 5th grade. And it can be difficult when you have to discipline, but not really disciplining them as you would if you were their school teacher.

So, of course I've entertained the idea of quitting. To not let it be part of my life, to not have to deal with the frustration and difficulty that it brings. However, it is not in my nature to quit. After I made the decision to not quit, but to keep going and perhaps see this as an opportunity I came to realize that the idea was not my own.

God has placed me in this position and it is to my best interest to see it as an opportunity He has provided for me to move on to the next step (whenever/wherever that might take place). This thought/idea gave me great comfort, gave me a goal, something to work for.

Then, just as I was about at my wit's end again, he brought this message from Andy Stanley that summed up exactly what God had been telling me. You can view the whole sermon series here:  http://www.northpoint.org/messages The whole series has been incredible, but the 4th one was the one I heard today.

So, thank you God, this was very much appreciated.

Love to you all!

No comments: