Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!

So the chances of me actually getting on my computer are slim to none, so I thought I would take today to wish you all a very safe and Happy Thanksgiving!

So as you can guess I dedicated my Top 5 to it today.  And I'm putting the Top 5 here for you to listen and enjoy.



When I Get Where I'm Going
by Brad Paisley

I love Thanksgiving. I love spending time with my family and I also like to give thanks for all that I've been blessed with. I chose this song because I think of my grandma who has passed and I think of friends who have lost loved ones this year. May God bless you and keep you safe this holiday season. Thank you Jesus, for your love.



Teenagers
by My Chemical Romance

* Lyrics Warning

So for the rest of the countdown I picked songs that, as a family, we enjoy together. Yes I did thank Jesus in the above statement and this song has a curse word in it. We believe in being honest. Now sing it with us!



Total Eclipse of the Heart
by Bonnie Tyler

80's song: check
Slightly cheesy: check
Great song: check

There is a reason this is a classic and yes we sing it with no shame.



Road to Nowhere
by Talking Heads

This song plays at the end of one of the best movies ever, Little Monsters with Fred Savage and Howie Mandel. Family favorite. Us girls loved the movie and the song was cool and Dad knew the song. Now it is a requirement for all road trips.



Boy Named Sue
by Johnny Cash

My dad's love of Johnny Cash is legendary and is only matched by my sister's love of him. The love affairs isn't only with those two the whole family likes him. And we all sing this song when we hear it.

I hope you have a most blessed and wonderful Thanksgiving. If you're ever in the area and need a friend our door is open.

No comments: