Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Strawberry Gooey Butter Cookies

As I said last night I made the first cookie for the 12 Days Of Cookies! Instead of Chocolate Gooey Butter Cookies I used strawberry.

A couple of things to note:
  1. If you don't like cookies that are over-sweet these are perfect if you forget to roll them in powder sugar before you bake them.  They taste good, but not sweet.  Now, I have a sweet tooth that borders on obsessive so they weren't my favorites, but my mom loved them.
  2. If you do like yours sweet, please roll them in powdered sugar like I did on the second and third batch.  They were absolutely perfect.
  3. It is a very thick dough.  My mixer told me I could forget it.  So I ended up mixing the remaining part by hand with a spoon who would've also liked to tell me to go away.
Here is the Recipe for

Strawberry Gooey Butter Cookies:
Ingredients


1 (8-ounce) brick cream cheese, room temperature
1 stick butter, at room temperature
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 (18-ounce) box moist strawberry cake mix
Confectioners' sugar, for dusting

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

In a large bowl with an electric mixer, cream the cream cheese and butter until smooth. Beat in the egg. Then beat in the vanilla extract. Beat in the cake mix. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours to firm up so that you can roll the batter into balls. Roll the chilled batter into tablespoon sized balls and then roll them in confectioner's sugar. Place on an ungreased cookie sheet, 2 inches apart. Bake 12 minutes. The cookies will remain soft and "gooey." Cool completely and sprinkle with more confectioners' sugar, if desired.

* remember to roll the little guys in the sugar, unless your like my mother who doesn't have much of a sweet tooth.


I haven't decided if I'm going to do another cookie tonight or not.  I probably should though...

Much Love,
Kelli

No comments: