Sunday, November 28, 2010

Day One: Nails & Working Out

"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results". - Albert Einstein.

For weeks now that quote has been playing around in my head.  i keep doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.  This is true of nearly every aspect of my life, and if I want something to change, I must change.  This is not easy for me as I, like many, am a creature of habit.  I also have this terrible desire to have things change for me instead of me doing it for myself.  I do have a lazy side when it comes to things I don't want to do.

However, my life is in some what of a rut, and some that is on me.  So, I need to do different things.  I need to make a change.  So, this is day one.

This is what I'm changing:
  • Trust in the Lord.  Real trust.  I'm adopting the attitude that no matter what may be thrown at me God will work it out.  I obviously can't do it and worrying about it hasn't helped, so He can take over now.  He's in charge of moving me, inspiring me, and getting me where I need to be.  I, in return, will be open to His calling and voice.  My nails will be a visual reminder of that trust.  Because when I'm nervous or worried I bite them.
  • Working out.  It is ridiculous that I don't do it.  No, I probably won't get the results I want because of my hormone level, but I can at least be doing everything on my part to to be healthy.  So, no more excuse.  Crazy elliptical that makes me want to pass out at minute two here I come.
  • Writing.  I love writing and there is an article I want to write.  I need to do that now.  No excuse.
I think that is about all I can handle for now, but it certainly is a list.

So much love to all of you.  Oh and for confession's sake I did bite a nail today until I remembered I'm no longer doing that. Oops.

Okay, now much love,
Kelli.

No comments: