Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Peanut Butter White Chocolate Blondies

I had a poll yesterday between the Peanut Butter White Chocolate Blondies (PBWC) or no-bakes.  The PBWC won until some stragglers came in and voted for the no-bakes, but I had already made up my mind.


Breaking News: Sons of Anarchy last night was BRILLIANT.  Seriously best episode I've seen.  So I have this song for you:



John the Revelator
by Curtis Stigers & The Forest Rangers

- Great song by the way.  Really great song.

Meanwhile I made Blondies last night.  I've never had a Blondie before which is odd since I am, in fact, blonde.  However, they were delicious.  Taste like a more moist peanut butter cookie.

I did the recipe straight from Rachel Allen who is from England so the recipe is in ounces.  Thankfully I had a way to measure that.


Peanut Butter White Chocolate Blondies

Ingredients

7 tablespoons butter, softened, plus more for greasing

4 1/2 ounces all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
5 ounces crunchy peanut butter
6 ounces soft light brown sugar
1 egg, beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 ounces white chocolate, chopped

Directions

Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Butter the sides of an 8 by 8-inch square cake pan and line the base with parchment or greaseproof paper.

Sift the flour and baking powder into a small bowl, and set aside.

In a large bowl, cream the 7 tablespoons butter and peanut butter together until very soft. Add the sugar, egg, and vanilla extract, and beat until combined. Add the flour, baking powder, and the chopped chocolate, and mix to form a dough.

Spread the dough in the prepared pan, and bake in the oven for 25 to 30 minutes, or until golden brown and almost firm in the center.
Allow the brownies to cool in the pan, before removing and cutting into squares.

So there you go.  They were delicious!

And this song was featured in the beginning of the episode and it was so nice I had to share this too:



This Charming Life
Joan Armatrading

Much Love,
Kelli

No comments: