Monday, December 13, 2010

Clothing & Cookies

I've been a little busy these past few days.  I gave a huge presentation on Friday and nailed it.  I can't tell you what a feeling of accomplishment that was.

Then to celebrate I baked.  I made white chocolate covered pretzels and brown - edged cookies which I will share the recipe down below.

Meanwhile I played this song the other day and it so does bring a smile to my face:



Your Wildest Dreams
by the Moody Blues

So for the clothing part:

My dearest second-mother, Shas's mom, bought me this cute head scarf at a craft fair a couple of Saturday's ago and I had to share it with you.  I think it is adorable.



Then I got to borrow L's cute hat and wore it on Saturday.  I want it now of course, but I'll go buy my own so we can exchange on different days.



Since it has been such a limited year financially I'm making Christmas gifts this year.  This includes pies, cookies, fudge (well mom is making that), and anything else that I make that others would want.

So these are my white chocolate covered pretzels.  The only other ingredient you might want to add is cinnamon.  It really makes these easy, if sort of tedious treats, taste even better.



White Chocolate Covered Pretzels

Bakers White Chocolate (or Vanilla Candy Coating)
Pretzel Rods
Cinnamon * optional


And these are my mom's favorite so I made them just for her:


Brown Edge Cookies
adapted from my mother and grandmother

Ingredients

* 1 cup sifted cake flour
* 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1/4 cup shortening
* 3/4 cup white sugar
* 1 egg
* 1 1/4 teaspoons lemon extract
* 1/2 cup cottage cheese, creamed

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (205 degrees C).
2. Sift together flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside. Mix until creamy shortening, sugar and egg. Add lemon extract. Mix in cottage cheese until smooth
3. Add flour mixture and mix just until blended.

Drop by teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart onto greased cookie sheet. Bake ten to fifteen minutes, or until brown around the edges.


So, that was my weekend.  I'm feeling back to my old self so I will start to work out again and hopefully have other postings for you. 

Much Love,
Kelli

No comments: