Friday, December 3, 2010

Day Six: Confessions of an Inexperienced Baker

I'm still learning to bake.  Most of the things I make come out well in-spite of some of the things I do.  Last night was no exception.  I know that this is the process in learning how to bake I'm not worried about it, but I feel the need to tell you that there will be no original recipes here until I'm on more solid footing with my baking skills.

For example the red velvet cupcakes I made.  I used Duncan Heinz.  There were a ton of cupcakes and although these were good I think if I do it myself it will probably be much better.  And next time I can make my own color.

The no-bakes I made "from scratch" but these cookies are so easy.  Unless of course you are me...

Confession time: So my top-stove takes a long time to heat up.  A LONG TIME.  So, last night I heated up my pot to medium heat as directed.  I finished measuring out all of my ingredients and then I went to the stove.  The first thing I put in there was butter... suddenly there was an explosion of smoke and a smell that wasn't that pleasant.  Wow.  Yeah.  So apparently the rule where it takes forever did not apply to me last night.

Needless to say  I'm glad I only put one ingredient in there first.  My no-bakes taste great, but because of a mis-read they weren't as goopy as I normally like.  Still taste great though.

So, this morning I took a picture of my creations and after tasting them this morning felt much better about the whole thing.


Of course today is Friday Night Dinner with the friends, so these delicious treats are on their way to celebrate Shas's birthday with her.

However, I wanted to leave you with this Christmas gem because I really do like Christmas music.  Even if you don't...



No word yet on the work out because Friday's are crazy, but I'm not giving up.

No comments: