Thursday, May 27, 2010

Proverbs are Haunting Me

I have a very bizarre urge/desire to watch The Mummy.  I'm going to blame it on THIS article about the Top 5 Ghost Tours in the World.  I want to go on a good ghost tour.  I don't believe in them, but I love history.

I think tonight (if I can clean out the fridge) I'm going to attempt to make my own lemonade, no powder, the real stuff. I'm so happy that Memorial Day Weekend is finally here. I don't know about you, but I could use some fun and relaxation.

Last night this is what was building up outside our back door.



 Apparently I still don't know how to work this Google photo placement either.  I'm really starting to resent programs that think they know that I'm going to do.  I like being unpredictable for a reason.

As I was writing Mashable tweeted an article called: The Future of Web Fonts, since I've been dubbed The Font Queen, due to a some what (okay borderline obsession with fonts) this was a great read.  You can read it HERE.

Now, you might be wondering what does any of this have to do with Proverbs and it its ability to haunt me.  Well, I've been learning self control in my Bible study and one of the verses it gives is:  "Even a fool is thought wise if he keeps silent, and discerning if he holds his tongue." Proverbs 17:28.

Well the issue comes in that I have a problem and I want to say it in a passive aggressive way, but every time I go to speak it or type it that verse comes rushing to my head and I stop typing or I shut my mouth.

Now before you start telling me that if there is an offense I need to confront the person, I know, but this isn't one of those situations.  Well, maybe, but part of it is my own deep seated issues.  Such as the fact I have this deep fear of being left out, and when I know I have been left out it hurts horribly. 

Now, having said that, thanks to the study, that is something that I'm allowing God to work through and heal.  Hence the reason that I can not open my big mouth and say what I want to say.  Plus, when the hurt is over that statement will still be out there.  So for now I'm keeping silent.

Now, the music in which I'm about to embed is phenomenal, but the part I love is that the second one is a sequel.  Ah, my love of all things Daley (Dean/Haley  - Supernatural/One Tree Hill).  Give it a shot, plus the music is awesome!



Here is the Sequel:



With Love, Kelli

No comments: