Saturday, May 14, 2011

Life Application: Confessing

Want to know something?  This is a lesson God has personally given me.  I first heard it weeks ago in an Andy Stanley message, and the minute I heard it... conviction.

(Side Note: Before I go further this is lesson I learned is not for everyone.  I can tell you that when you grow in Christ every time you've completed a lesson, so to speak, a new one will come along.  After all we are never going to be perfect this side of heaven, so know you'll always be learning.  However, each of us have different lessons and different combinations, so this might not come to you, but it certainly came to me.)

Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective. James 5:15 (NIV)

I'll admit to you now I have one area in my life where I really struggle. The basics of what God is teaching me is that the sin strong hold I am under needs to be treated like an addiction, because in a way it is.

The first step for me was confessing I had a sin strong hold.  (It isn't something that hurts anyone else, and physically it doesn't hurt me, but it does hurt me spiritually.)  And then prayer.  I've prayed about it often, and although it is better it is not gone.

Hence we have the second step: Confession.  My first confession is it is a secret sin.  One I've never told anyone.  All because I am embarrassed to do so.  However, because I've heard this lesson over three times now, I know I need to do so.  I'm in prayer as to who to tell. My mother is probably my best choice, but... well you see my dilemma.

So I'm not sure how much of a life application this is since I haven't done it yet, but I want you know to know that if you are struggling with something God has asked you to do, you are not alone.



Secrets
by One Republic

(PS: Today was SO MUCH BETTER than yesterday!  I had a wonderful day!!)

Much Love,
Kelli

No comments: