Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Devotional: Humor

A joyful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones. Proverbs 17:22 (NIV)
He will yet fill your mouth with laughter, and your lips with shouting. Job 8:21 (NIV)
Is there anything better than a good laugh?  One that makes your sides hurt and tears run down your eyes?  For whatever reason, I've noticed, many of us forget to laugh with God.  As my pastor once said (most conveniently after I had prayed and asked God if He had a sense of humor - I was in the 8th grade) "If you don't think God has a sense of humor, look in the mirror."

Jesus came to give us an abundant life and humor is very much a part of that.  I know that with financial difficulties, bad health, bad drivers - especially, it can be hard to remember the humor of things.  But I want to encourage you to laugh.  For today's devotional, while unconventional (hey that's me!) I have listed some of the funniest movies I can think of.
  1. Young Frankenstein - not suitable for young kids, but mostly innuendo that goes over their heads.
  2. Princess Bride - inconceivable, I know!
  3. Move Over, Darling - "What idiot would do that?"  "You did sir."  "Oh, strike that last statement from the record."
  4. Tangled or Cars - either is hilarious and perfect for any age
  5. The Money Pitt - Cause you can easily see how you could be there



Cupcakes & Ponies
Steve Byrne

* one small word problem, still funny.

Much Love,
Kelli

No comments: