Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Playing Hookie & Hate

Just weeks ago a poor young man killed himself because he was being outed and tortured for being gay.  And yet today, I read an article about how overweight women earn less than $5,000 a year to their thinner counter parts.  It wasn't so much the article because anyone who has been overweight can tell you about the prejudice.  It was the comments listed that upset me.

I agree there is an obesity epidemic.  I agree that eating healthy foods is very hard, especially when you are broke.  I do have some solutions to that, real solutions, not where you look like your spending the same amount, but is not lasting the same amount of time.  I believe that our jobs and our lifestyles have contributed to our obesity problem here, but I also know that fat people are usually not lazy or stupid. Yes, there are some exceptions of those who have given up the fight and don't even care, but I know that is the exception, not the rule.

All that to say that the amount of comments that were cruel and rude about fat people makes me think that no lesson has been learned.  It has just transferred to a different group.  Does anyone think being cruel to a human being is going to get them to change?  Is that how it is done?  I know it first  hand.  Even though I work out, watch my food in-take, I'm still a size 18, but until my hormone level is balanced there isn't any more that I can do and so I'm punished for something that I can't fix.  (They still don't know if it is caused by my adrenal glands - which can be fixed or my ovaries - which can't be fixed.)

I would love to lose weight and wear even cuter clothes, but I'm not about to let the fact I can't stop me.  And I don't want you to either.  You do have great things going for you.  There is no one on this earth that is like you, you are here to offer a unique contribution.  The hater's voice is loud and in your face, but that is because those who are liars usually scream the loudest.  The truth speaks quietly, but with assertiveness.  Listen to that quiet voice that tells you you are worth it.

If you would like to follow some of my suggestions please do or contribute your own.  These aren't hard to follow and you can certainly switch them up to what you can do.

Work Out:

Power Walk for 30 minutes. - This is where I started.  Once you can walk it without having to stop and breathe push yourself further.  If you don't want to be seen do it in your backyard or in a place where you feel safe.

I actually have a new piece of exercise equipment I'm using and it is kicking my butt.  I'm cool until minute 2 then I'm breathing heavy, but I get to watch TV or listen to music while I do it, and it makes it much easier. (I also like this because on days when I don't want to I can watch or listen to my goals and it gives me the push I need.)

Food:

They say you should take your ideal weight and multiply it by 1000 to get your total caloric intake. 
135 x 1000 = 1,350 calories for the day.

Seems tough I took the approach to eliminate just one thing a day for one week.  Once I got used to not needing that item then the next week I took out another item until I got to the caloric intake that was needed (while still working out).

Also if you don't like salads (as I abhor, HATE, lettuce) then make one of the vegetables you do like.  I actually like carrots, cucumbers, cauliflower.  So I eat those with reduced fat dressing.  It's actually not that bad. 

I know the hardest thing to do is start, but give yourself some space and peace and just do one thing that will improve your health.  After the first step the next one is a little easier.

Want to start with me?

Love to you!

Music to get your started:

No comments: