Monday, October 25, 2010

I'll Take Manhattan

There is a movie made quite awhile ago called, "I'll Take Manhattan' that was based on a book by the same name.  I happen to love both the book and the movie, but the reason I tell you about it now is because there was scene in there that has always stuck with me.  The main character, Maxi, is taking over her father's first magazine and re-vamping it.  She does her own research and by the end of it her conculsion is that none of the magazines love you, just for you.  They constantly tell you ways to improve, to be better, but none of them love you for you.  So, she creates her magazine based on the idea that you are already fabulous.

I would have LOVED to read that magazine, especially since I love to read magazines period.  And since most of the magazines I read are not really about me per se and hardly ever mention what I'm really going through I can get slightly irritated.  When they speak about fashion and call a girl "curvy" who is overweight, but isn't that overwight that irritates me further.  I want a magazine that loves me for me.  So, I think that is what I'm going to do with this blog.  I will turn it into the magazine I always wanted to read.

And guess what?  I love you too.  I don't want to change you, but I do want to encourage you.  If you have tips for me, pass them along.  I'm all ears. 

In that idea I have the mascot, sorta, for this.  It's my dog.  He's a sweetie and although he can get attitude when I've taken him to the groomers or went out of town he loves me.  He just doesn't care what I look like.  Now what I feed him, that matters, but everything else is secondary.

So here's to his attitude in our lives.  I hope you'll join me.


Don't mind him.  He does not like to have his picture taken first thing in the morning.  Another reason we get a long so well except when I need that picture.