Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Relieved!


Yesterday I had been accused of being in a bad mood. I don't know that I was in a bad mood as much as I was in a quiet mood, but I was outnumbered in that assessment. (I really wasn't though!)

As timing would have it as I was driving home last night I heard Creed's "My Own Prison", which is one of the few songs of theirs I truly enjoy and still listen to.  I started singing the song out loud, thankfully alone. I still have some lingering cold and I sound more like a moose looking for a mate than a singer. Poor God. He had to hear that.

The lyrics to "My Own Prison" have always had an effect on me, and last night was no different. I was imagining the scene of someone who knew that their time was up and no amount of regret was going to change the situation. For a split second my heart was in my throat as I felt the fear of that day.

However, I know I will not have to ever bear witness to that scene, my peace came flooding back. Just then though my heart broke as I thought of those who have denied their Creator. I have several loved ones who don't accept Christ as their savior, and to know they face that...

And it isn't so much death either as knowing what they are missing out on now. Constant access to peace, love, strength, joy, compassion, healing, relief, hope, wisdom, and so much more.  While I was in my prayer time last night I had to take a moment and thank God for being God.

Where would I be without Jesus?  When I was in high school would I have taken my life because of the bullying?  Would I have gone into a tail spin when my beloved grandmother died and I was already feeling so lost? My answer would be I hope not, but I can tell you with all certainty that had it not been for Christ and His love for me I would be in a very different place than I am right now.

His overwhelming love for me, and his constant patience with me as a sinner is incomparable and unwavering. I pray for my loved ones to feel this, to know this for themselves. And I pray it for all of you.

The best part? It doesn't matter what religion you are, where you are, what you do, what you've done, or your political beliefs (that's a joke, but seriously...), all you have to do is accept Christ as your personal savior.

How easy is that? It is for everyone in the world, no matter of background. And you don't have to belong to organized religion at all.

Truly, praise Jesus!



My Own Prison
by Creed

*Feel free to discuss any of what I said with me in the comments.

Much Love,
Kelli

No comments: