Tuesday, September 22, 2009

So Excited!

The truth is I'm very excited. It is fall and it is wonderful! Sure the rain put a damper on my speed-demon ways, but it is well worth it to have such cooler weather and to be able to experience such a wonderful fall. I've missed this.

I want you to know that I have many things to share with you this week. Starting with what I believe is one of the coolest (pun intended) links. This link take you to the
Top 10 Halloween Songs. Now, before grumbling commences these are not your predictable song choices. I happen to love them all, but that shouldn't be a surprise. In fact I'm listening to "Monster Mash" as we speak, okay so it is "Dragula" by Rob Zombie (which is an awesome song if your truthful with yourself), but I listened to the other one today.

If you are more into the romantic side of things then I also have something for you too. Now most of you know my love of all things I Love Lucy, and in the very last episode of The Lucille Ball and Desi Arnaz Comedy Hour Edie Adams sang, "That's All". Now this is very bitter sweet for those who know that this duo divorced shortly there after. However, I was searching through YouTube the other day, and found this video:







Or click
here.

On more intimate details I went to my 10 Year High School Reunion on Saturday. Now I don't like to speak bad of people, but this was seriously, well... The planners were over ten minutes late. It was held outside in a gazebo, which for those not in the area at the moment, is filled with mosquitos thanks to our latest bout of rain. It was humid and it was high school all over again because people hung out with who they knew. Plus it started at six, but they didn't serve food until 7:45 pm. However, it turned into a great night because Shasta, her husband Joe, Victoria, her boyfriend, James, and I all went to Mercardo Juarez and had a lot of fun. And that is all I have to say about that.

Meanwhile on Friday (the day before said reunion) we all went and saw Haltom play. Sure they lost, and my parents and I stayed after to watch Andi perform, but it was a great night. I ended up in the section where many jocks from my class were sitting, but it really was a great night. I just don't think you can get better than football games in Texas on a Friday night. Something about them. Of course the numbing of my behind from sitting on those... bottom killers... may not have been the most comfortable, but it was still worth it.

Also, I'm slowly getting back to myself. I have been so lost since I came home from Mexico, but yesterday I actually cleaned my room. I cared. My confidence in my life is slowly being restored and I'm getting back to the old Kelli that didn't waste time (okay near as much time I've been doing lately). So thanks to those who have been praying for me. And if you could continue to I would appreciate it.
On my last note I just want to encourage you to tell the people you care about that you love them. In this crazy, overwhelming world, I know I forget to say it to those people at times. If you know Christ you know what love is and why not spread that around just a little bit more? Who knows maybe the Beatles did have it right, "All You Need is Love".

I think this may be a precursor to my Valentine submission.

Love to you all and may you have a great week!

No comments: