Thursday, September 3, 2009

Bad news? Where?




Any more I think the world feels more like this Talking Head's song than anything else. With news coming at you everywhere about how bad it is getting it makes me want to bury my head in the sand. And I watch O'Reilly nightly! I live for politics and world news and okay a little controversy, but even I'm getting my fill.

However, today as I was lamenting my own frustrations with my life I read this and I teared up. Sure Hallmark cards make me cry, but with the news of the past year I thought I had hardened a little bit, turns out all it took was the right story and my humanity was back in full force. This story of Kaleb Eulls are one of those great stories that make you set up and walk a little prouder for being part of the human race. His selfless act and heroism certainly makes this blogger realize that all is not lost yet.


So to Kaleb Eulls, who for me helps keep my favorite quote at the forefront, "The characteristic of genuine heroism is its persistency. All men have wandering impulses, fits and starts of generosity. But when you have resolved to be great, abide by yourself, and do not try to reconcile yourself with the world. The heroic cannot be common, nor the common heroic." - Ralph Waldo Emerson, poet (1803-1882). Thanks a lot!

No comments: