With that said, I would like to address some "issues" that come with being single and childless.
- The I-Know-A-Girl-Who-Got-Married-For-The-First-Time-at-40+ Story. While I and others realize this story is suppose to make us feel better that we are still single. That is not always how it is taken. Be careful with this story.
- Any time someone talks about the troubles of being single and you look to the one single person you know. I enjoy being single. Yes it has its issues but from what I've gathered so does being married. Don't make me stare at you every time someone mentions being married. You won't like the focus.
- Telling a single person it must be nice not to be bogged down with responsibility. You mean not having to check in with another person and ask their permission before I do it? Yes it is. However, please don't take that to mean I'm not responsible. I've kept my dog alive for over 13 years now and while I did step on his tail a couple of times he has forgiven me and I continue to scratch his belly.
- Assuming I must hate Valentine's Day. I actually enjoy the day. It is a day of love. No matter who you love.
- Finally asking or implying that I don't like children, men, or family vacations. Do children who aren't taught to obey and keep their hands and feet to themselves so they can wipe their food and anything else over my outfit and scream and yell and run around places without repercussion annoy me? Yes. However, children for the most part are a delight as are babies. The best part is giving them back to their parents when they're no longer happy and fun. I like men. They're awesome. I know some great ones. I just haven't found the right one yet. And family vacations are the best. I get to get caught up with everyone, I can hang out with whom I please, for any length of time, and my family is cool.