Tuesday, March 15, 2011

A Love Story

"Do not let your hands hang limp. The LORD your God is with you, the Mighty Warrior who saves. He will take great delight in you; in his love he will no longer rebuke you, but will rejoice over you with singing.”  Zephaniah 3:16-17
I was on my way to my usual Friday Night dinner with dear friends and I was thinking over the week.  I, of course, was flipping through stations as I was in my dad's truck and not my radio-deprived car when Bruno Mars' song, "Grenade" came on.

I have the song nearly memorized and wasn't thinking much about it until the chorus came,

To give me all your love is all I ever asked,

Cause what you don't understand is
I’d catch a grenade for ya
Throw my hand on a blade for ya
I’d jump in front of a train for ya
You know I'd do anything for ya
I would go through all this pain,
Take a bullet straight through my brain,
Yes, I would die for ya
As a single girl I have certainly thought of what my "prince charming" might be like, and I don't know of a single person who wouldn't feel excited if someone felt the same way the person in the lyrics does.  This got me to thinking about who in my life might have this same sentiment for me.  And like a ton of bricks it hit me: Jesus.

As many know I've been reading Waking the Dead by John Eldredge, and much of the book is focused on the love of Jesus and the powerful Enemy (Satan) who hates us.  So, I wanted to share with you a love story that you might not be aware of, and one that you are fully apart of:

My favorite stories always started with someone who didn't know their worth and the hero who saw it and did everything to rescue the person not only from themselves but from a very powerful enemy.

I think we could all be describing ourselves or someone we know in this scenario.  There are so many who don't know their self worth and understand what an incredible human being they are.  God saw it.  He not only created you but loved you so much he sent a Hero to save you.  You are not bad and horrible, sinful yes, but so worthy of love and of course forgiveness.

Jesus saw you, all of you, and loved you so much that he willingly laid down his life to rescue you.  To bring you back to him and his father so that you could live forever with him. And until you got to them he sent you a guide to help you through the dangerous perils that we all have to fight.

The best stories are not only where there is a hero who fights, but where the main character has to fight and learns that they too are of value and bring something to the story.  That, my beloved is you.  God sent Jesus to rescue, Jesus loved you enough to die for you (and if you were the only one he would have willingly died for just you), and Jesus sent the Holy Spirit so that you could continue in this world until you are re-united with your savior, hero, and love.

I don't think there is a better story.  And unlike the song that inspired this song, you have the ability to love back and know from you heart outward how much you are loved.  You just have to accept the love.

If you have any questions I'm here.

Much Love,
Kelli

No comments: