Wednesday, June 2, 2010

I'm Sick of My Plans Being Laughed At

There is an old saying that goes, "Want to hear God laugh?  Tell him your plans."  I laugh when I hear this and nod my head as one who knows this to be oh so true, but lately I've been feeling this a little more heavily than I would like.

I had plans for Thursday with a friend to go to dinner and walk around. We changed it for today because of some other plans.  That's all fine.  Well, then we changed where we were going to meet today because a storm is coming in and where we wanted to go was outside.  Then, my dear friend called me to tell me her poor little boy was sick, really sick, and she was taking him to the doctor.  I totally understand all of this, and although I am disappointed, I'm not upset by any means.  But this is only one plan that I've had that has fallen through.

I'm not a go with the flow kinda person.  I like to know where we are meeting and when we are meeting.  Call me crazy, but I don't think that is too much to know.... except that apparently it has been.  What's a girl to do?

I giggle as I write this because it sounds so cliche, but the answer for me is: bake.  I had fully planned on getting a lemon bar while I was out there and now that the possibility is gone I need to replace it with something.  So, I'm going to go to the store and see what I can come up with.  In the mean time I will again make more lemonade, which I found delicious. (1 Cup Water to 1 Cup Sugar to 1 Cup Lemon juice)

Anyway, we will see.  Until then, no plans on this end.

No comments: