Thursday, June 10, 2010

Defying Gravity and Other Revelations

My goal to post here everyday Monday through Friday didn't make it this week.  However, since it is my birthday week I don't care too much.  It has been hectic and great.  There have been so many things going on with me, especially personally, and I've been dealing with those.

Meanwhile, I hung out with my friend Kear on Tuesday and her son.  She bought me a birthday gift at B&N that I was going to buy then decided against because anymore the idea of spending money makes me sick at the moment.  So, on my birthday we're going to play the game, "Oh my goodness, how did you know that was the book I wanted?!?" Giggle, then roll our eyes at ourselves, and laugh some more.

On a completely un-related note, but important to me, the finales for Glee and Justified were AWESOME.  That's pretty much all I have to say on the situation.

There has been so much interesting news out there that I just had to share:
  • They have found the oldest leather shoe recently.  Not the most attractive of footwear, but still really interesting on both a historical stand point and a curious fashion watching level. 
  • I have a very soft heart for Disney and in this article this couple met at Disney World years before they actually got together or fell in love. 
  • I loved Family Matters as a kid and this catches up with Steve Urkel himself.  And if I didn't think Jaleel White was cool before I do now.  Child Stars - this is the guy you want to follow.
  • I am so into the show Drop Dead Diva, and you can read about this heart warming and amazingly talented show with this Q&A with the stars.  - If you're a Glee fan like myself, I think you'll like this show too.
  • These 50 Wacky State Laws are hilarious, but I think Oklahoma has the right idea: "It’s forbidden to take a bite out of another person’s hamburger."
  • Last one for the day:  I loved this description and snickered when I read it, "suspect that somewhere, a crafty GOP political operative is snickering."  Mystery S.C. nominee has pending felony charge
Meanwhile I've been listening to Glee for the past two days.  It is so good, but the song I'm going to have here is "Defying Gravity" which comes from the musical, Wicked.  It is time to defy gravity.

No comments: