Monday, June 14, 2010

Happy 1st 29th Birthday to Me

Saturday was my birthday.  As you know I do a Top 5 at Artist Avail, but I didn't want to pick out my own music because I really like surprises.  So, I had each of my family members pick out a song for me and tell me why.  This is what they came up with:



From: Dad
Reason: Well, would think it would be self evident. The song has most of the qualities that you possess.. (yes you possess so many more... ). However, it illustrates what is required:


•Perseverance

•Work

•Drive

•Plowing through the BS

... and being that overnight 'sensation' that has been grinding it out for the past

X amount of years.. to be that over-night sensation.
Plus it has the most effective use of BagPipes in a Rock song.. ever.
 



From: Mom
Reason:  This was selected by my mother who told me this was rather difficult since my life was music. She had originally thought of the first song I loved and danced to, "Jump" Van Halen (I was 3.), or "Fat Bottom Girls" by Queen when my phone didn't shut off and I left that song on her machine, or "We Didn't Start the Fire" by Billy Joel because I knew every word and would sing it, loudly. Or any hundreds of songs. She finally chose "Moon River" because her and I love 'Breakfast at Tiffany's' and this song is something we both very much love



From: My sister, L.
Reason:  Kelli, my dear, young sister,


the song I have chosen not only reminds me of you but defines your character perfectly. It has bible verses, redemption and a swagger only one, like your self, can obtain. Although its a little older now, it still has the great quality of being an original and bad assness. This song, like you, is straight up gansta..."We've been spending most our lives living in a gangta's paradise." One day, our children will listen to this and think its "Oldies." Damn kids, were NOT OLD!!!!!!!!

Sincerely your litte seeeester,

 



From: My sister, M.
Reason: This song always makes me think of you and the ridiculous amount of times we went and saw American Outlaws and threatened to throw ice cubes at the back of people’s heads because then they would have no way to prove it was us because the ice would melt.




From: My sister, A.
Reason: "Because whenever anyone comes to you to help them you do, even if you are going through a really hard time yourself."


I'm a very blessed girl that is for sure.  Such love from an amazing family!!

No comments: