Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Parents and Humor

My sense of humor seems to be gone for the day, but I will try to forge ahead and focus on the positive.  For one, I had a great Valentine's Day.  I certainly hope you did.  I got exactly what I wanted:


Dilled Cauliflower and V8 Juice.

I came home to that, and let me tell you it brightened up my day!

So, I posted on Facebook: I have the best parents ever.

Because, well, I do.  It wasn't a statement about anyone else's parents.  It was a statement about my parents and how they are the best.  As in, I know your parents are the best for you and do great things, but these are my parents, and as my parents they are the best.  I don't know if your parents would be the best for me, so on and so forth.

It really irritated me the response I got.  Which is why, although I think those that responded might have meant it in a funny way, it was not received well.
This is also why I have to stop posting on Facebook, but that is another issue to tackle another day.

Meanwhile, tonight I'm going to volunteer at the church for their Upwards Celebration.  I did it last year and had a lot of fun, so I'm looking forward to it this year.

Much Love,
Kelli

No comments: