Thursday, July 29, 2010

When It Rains...

Earlier today I used the expression, "straw that broke the camel's back", but that doesn't encompass all that has happened.  It is more... "when it rains it pours".

I know, you would think I would have happy news to report, but as we all know, things can always get worse.... much, much, worse.  How much worse could it get you ask?  Well, for starters our A/C went out at the house.  I live in Texas.  That bad.  So bad, that it went out yesterday (Wednesday), was given a diagnosis, diagnosis was half off, and they were at fault, no workers today (Thursday), and won't be fixed until tomorrow (Friday).  Three days without air conditioner...

Now for the slimy person who is about to say anything about the following:
  1. They didn't have air conditioning a hundred years ago,
  2. At least you have electricity,
  3. There's always the pool,
  4. Or at least a cold shower,
  5. It could get worse
Yeah, you, that dark thing coming your way is my fist.

  1. No they didn't, but we do now and our bodies are not used to it, plus 100 degree heat here!
  2. Yes, but when you're sweating in a pile of goo you can't focus on anything
  3. Yes, but you can't sleep in the pool
  4. Water resources are precious and there is not enough cold water to make it feel better
  5. It could, thank you for that.
Do you sense a bit of bitterness here?  I keep hoping, praying, pleading, reading my Bible, but right now it isn't happening for me.

So, what do I do when it gets this bad.  I turn the music up in my car and sing, loudly.  This is what I sing:



"Unchained" by Van Halen: "Here's to your thin red line... I'm stepping over!"

And this is my ultimate feeling upset and angry song:



"I'm getting edgy , all the time
There's someone around me just a step behind
Its kinda scary , the shape I'm in
The walls r shaking and they're closing in
Too fast or a bit too slow
I'm paranoid of people and its starting to show
there's one guy that i cant shake
over my shoulder is a big mistake
sitting on a bed or lying wide awake
there's demons in my head and its more than i can take
i think I'm on a roll but i think its kinda weak
saying all i know is i gotta get away from me


Tell you somethin' just ain't right
My head is all loose but my shoes are tight
avoiding my friends cause they all bug
life is like a riddle and I'm really stumped

There's a reason don't you know
Preoccupation is the way you go
I think I'm followed i look around"

No comments: