Monday, July 19, 2010

Questions I Don't Ask / Answers I Don't Know

The subject line comes from the song, "I'm Running" by Mistress Barbara ft. Sam Roberts.  I don't think it could describe me any better at this moment.

I don't like being discouraged.  I don't like being un-happy, and I certainly don't like being down this long.  Each day I wake up, hoping that today is the day when it all turns around.  I pray, I seek God's council, and I do my best with what I know.  I truly believe this is all you can do, but some days, like today, it just doesn't seem enough.

I keep thinking there is a question I should be asking, an answer I should know, and yet I don't know what they are.  I know they'll come, and I know that I'll move along, but right now, I really wish that not only did I know the questions to ask, but honestly, that the answers were what I wanted to hear.

I'm hurting right now, but I'm hopeful.  I'm scared, but I'm excited for a different future.  And I have a headache, but that to will pass.

"I'm running from the fear,
Of not knowing where to go
From the questions I don't ask
And the answers I don't know."

If you feel like this now and again too... here's to us:

No comments: