Monday, January 2, 2012

Resolutions?

Technically my resolutions should have taken place today, but since I had the day off and I still consider it the holiday it all starts tomorrow (that's my story and I'm sticking to it). Which will be tough.  Trying to write about this subject and not seem preach-y is nearly impossible. The truth is I always start off with the best of intentions, and by about the second or third week in January have failed.

I did find though that once I changed the word 'resolution' to 'goal' it became easier to maintain. A goal is something to attain, and therefore once I've conquered it I feel better. Whereas to me a resolution means a complete life style change and that seems so enduringly long I usually don't stick with it.

Last year I made a goal of doing a prayer journal and getting my Twitter followers to 40. I have completed my prayer journal (I used a Billy Graham one), and I have read the entire New Testament (Part of the Journal).  Plus, I now have 61 Twitter followers.

So this year I have two new goals:
  1. To get in the habit of working out for 30 minutes in the morning and 30 minutes at night, except for Wednesday and Friday nights.
  2. To start using an eye make up remover every time I wash my face. I'm in my thirties now, gotta make sure I take even more care of my skin.
And that's it. I might add, as I do, to the goal list, but I try to keep it more than one, and five or less. Too many and I freak out.

This song always puts me in a great mood, and fits with how excited I am for the new year.



The Finer Things
by: Steve Winwood

Much Love,
Kelli

PS: I adored the new Sherlock Holmes movie. Of course I liked the first one too...

No comments: