Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Hello everyone!

I have so much to share with you today. Including a video that had me rolling, so hopefully you can get a good laugh out of it as well. No music necessarily this week. Well, we'll see.
First up in the humor department we have this:

This is a demonstration of the Neti Pot. I do not make this up!
Second up is this: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ynews/ynews_pl942 A sketch from SNL about Obama. The clip is humorous yes, but it is the response to the skit I find even more funny. The other side can make fun of George W. Bush, but when it is on them they have no sense of humor? Come on, even I laugh at a good joke. Never the less, one does need to check this out.

Because I'm late to the ball at times here is the article with video on the protest I went to last Monday.
http://cbs11tv.com/local/Metroplex.atheists.North.2.1214396.html And yes, the rumor is true. I left at 6:30 so I could see the new One Tree Hill because no, I don't have DVR. If you go to the church you can see me and my smiling face on the bulletin board.

For those of you with a political bent (especially if you bend to the right) I found this article incredibly funny. Seriously?
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ynews/ynews_ts935 Read for yourself.

I'm also thinking of having a quote survivor round, where I place ten quotes I think are good, each week one gets voted off until the best quote remains. I'm thinking of starting with movie quotes, anyone else remember this line? "Excuse me, sir. Seeing as how the V.P. is such a V.I.P., shouldn’t we keep the P.C. on the Q.T.? ‘Cause if it leaks to the V.C. he could end up M.I.A., and then we’d all be put out in K.P." - Okay, that's from Good Morning Vietnam, but it gave me a laugh.

Meanwhile, durring all of this hilarity I've been baking. My first item was an Apple Spice Cake. It tasted good, but could use improvement. My second was a batch of White Chocolate Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cookies. Tasted good, but word of advice, crush the snot out of that cereal, otherwise you could lose a tooth. Then I tried a buttermilk pie. Three pies to be exact. All disasters. So to soothe my ego and sanity I did the apple spice cake again last night. Much, much better. Now, if only they would remain fat free after you warmed them up and put butter on them...hmmm....

Anyway, keep that sense of humor kids and pray for me some wisdom as I try to determine which way to go!

Have a great week and see you all soon!

No comments: