Saturday, August 6, 2011

You Watch That?

I realized after I started to write this that I have had several posts lately talking about movies, but they are a pleasure for me.  But what started this post for me was a movie I actually own, but haven't watched in years, and was surprised to see being played on television.

A Smile Like Yours.  A cute film starring Greg Kinnear and Lauren Holly.  It is about a couple, the wife, who want children, but have a hard time conceiving.  It is cute and sweet.  And yet I really enjoy it.  So it got me thinking about all the other movies I find cute and sweet.  Which then made me want to put it in a blog because that is what I do.

I would love for you to tell me what your favorite little movie is.  No need to be embarrassed. After you read mine you'll feel good about yours. I promise.

These are in no particular order: (Just kidding - they're in alphabetical order)


Bed of Roses (Christian Slater, Mary Stuart Masterson)
Because I Said So (Diane Keaton, Mandy Moore, Gabriel Macht - hot)
Confessions of a Shopaholic (Isla Fisher, Hugh Dancy) - I just pretend this movie has nothing to do with the fabulous books.  If you want to see movies that live up to the book check out this post.
Connie and Carla (Nia Vardalos, Toni Collette) - This is just fabulous. If you love Broadway or Glee you need to watch this movie. How it wasn't a hit I'll never know.
Love Comes Softly (Katherine Heigl, Dale Midkiff) This is a great series, but my favorite are the first three.
The Magic of Ordinary Days (Keri Russell, Skeet Ulrich)  A sweeter movie you will not find.

Penelope (Christina Ricci, James McAvoy) If you haven't seen this run now and watch it.  I remember waiting for the release of it in the theater, it didn't happen, and then buying it the minute I knew the DVD would be out.  So worth watching.
Pitcher and the Pin Up (Drew Johnson, Corinna Harney) This movie has several titles, The Road Home, Pitcher and the Playmate, etc. However, it is not what you think, or at least it wasn't what I thought. It is an extremely sweet film and I recommend it to anyone. (I put the picture on here so you could have an idea of what it looked like.)
Tortilla Soup (Hector Elizondo, Jacqueline Obradors and Tamara Mello) Is about chef dad and his three beautiful and very independent daughters. I watch this movie any time I'm feeling down and it always picks me back up.  A great must see.

So there you have it. Some of my favorite cute and sweet and fun movies.  What are yours?



A Smile Like Yours
by Natalie Cole

Much Love,
Kelli