Sunday, August 7, 2011

Show Me

One of my favorite songs of all time is "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For" by U2.  The last of the lyrics sum it up best for me:

I believe in the kingdom come
When all the colors bleed into one
Bleed into One,
Well Yes I'm still running
But I still Haven't Found
What I'm Looking For

You broke the bonds
and you loosened the chains
carried the cross of my shame
of my shame
You know I believe it
But I still haven't found
What I'm looking for



I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
by U2

Do you ever feel that way?  Like you still haven't found what you are looking for?  This has been quite a year for me. I went from me being flat broke to having a job and being able to save for a new car. I don't make enough yet to move out, but I'm on my way.  At the same time this wasn't the job I saw myself doing. I still have aspirations of having my own business because being under the authority and structure I'm currently under is very chaffing.

However, I am content at the moment. Ever ambitious to do more and see more because that is who I am, but content in the path and the knowledge I'll get there. Still, I can't help but feel there is something else out there. And my big fear is that I will fill it with the wrong thing.  And so I pray.

I have loved "Show Me What I'm Looking For" by Carolina Liar for a long time.  And I never really paid attention to the lyrics before (which is odd for me), but I finally did and realized it was the answer to U2's song I had sung for so long.  I don't really have an answer for the question what I'm looking for, but I do have to say I believe I am on my way.



Show Me What I'm Looking For
by Carolina Liar

Much Love,
Kelli