Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Thomas Edison's Wisdom

Thomas Edison was quoted as saying, "Results? Why, man I have results! I know thousands of things that don't work." I think we can all safely agree that Thomas Edison's invention of the light bulb was a good thing. I know I appreciate it at 2:00 in the morning.

And a few minutes ago there were quite a few paragraphs talking about what trial and errors I faced today. Turns out I just needed some patience. So we will see how it works tomorrow or even Thursday.

And in the theme of trial and error I made Cake Balls for the first time last night. They were yummy, but not very pretty. As you can view here:

I believe I know how to fix them.
I found a site today that fits my theme for this blog and my company. It is called, Gives Me Hope, tagline like FML but for Optimists. Which would be me. I have teared up on nearly all of these, but I find most people aren't nearly as sappy as I am, so the tears might not come. However, you should check it out. I think it will give you some hope.
As an overweight girl this one stood out to me: Five years ago, I witnessed an overweight girl being harassed. A group of "popular girls" had pulled down her pants while we were leaving school. The girl grabbed her pants and ran away crying. Our school's star quarterback chased after her to comfort her.

I just came back from their wedding. GMH.
This has nothing to do with the above, but I was thinking about my sister, M., who loves Depeche Mode. I like them too, so when I heard Enjoy the Silence cover by Lacuna Coil my ears perked up. Great cover and great song. You can enjoy it here:




No comments: