Thursday, June 16, 2011

Oh, I'm 30?

My beloved computer, Fred, hasn't been available to me for a couple of days.  He has been having FrontPage loaded on to him for my benefit.  I cut my web design teeth on FrontPage, so I like to have it for basic needs.  I also got to see Pirates 4 on Tuesday night with the family.  A great week, but it doesn't allow for much posting.  Oh well.  Onward and upward I say.

My birthday was Sunday, June 12th. (Go Mavs!)  I don't know that I'm prepared for thirty, but as I'm told (and certainly believe) it is better than the alternative.  Having said that though I thought I would share with you what I've learned in these thirty years.  Feel free to leave a comment on what you have learned.

What I know:

1. Honor your father and mother. To me, there is nothing worse than when you realize you've disrespected one of them.

2. ALWAYS put moisturizer on after you wash your face.

3. When you play Tetris (no matter how short the time) you will start dreaming about it.

4. Going to a late movie in the middle of the week is cathartic and good for the soul! -- See above Pirates comment!

5. There is a profound difference between the north and south and men and women.

6. If you put foundation on your eyelids and do your eyes first it makes for better make up application.

7. Spend time with your family and friends whenever you get the chance.  I like to have time to myself, but you can't replace people, and a great memory is always to be found!

8. A good dessert is always worth it.

9. There is nothing like the love of a dog.  Even when they're old, cranky, and think they own 3/4 of the bed.

10. The most important relationship you will ever have is with Christ Jesus.

We'll see what I learn in the next thirty.

And I refuse to play that Tim McGraw song.  REFUSE!
So I thought I would play the song that I remember as my first favorite song.  I was three years old, but I so did love this song:





Jump
by Van Halen


Much Love,
Kelli

No comments: