Sunday, April 26, 2009

Surprises


This week was full of surprises. The first was when I got back to Mexico I was greeted with five mesquito bites, hives, and swollen feet. I thought perhaps a delayed reaction. Instead we decided it was more of a 'Welcome Back'. Either way not much to look at. Nevermind that while I live here I sport my 'Heujetla' look. In other words, no make up, and no blown-dried hair, and just pulled back into a wet pony tail. Not glamourous at all, but its functional and since I have one student and we work in my bedroom who cares?


I will not be posting pictures of this look. Don't ask. I will however post pictures of my bedroom. Now I'll tell you in order:
1. My bed. 2. This is where the current book I'm reading goes. 3. My Nikes so I'll work out in the morning. This is more of a goal at this point. 4. My closet. 5. Top of my closet. All magazines and bags. 6. Air conditioner. Important. Very important. 7. Where my blow drier, make up, and purses reside. Pretty much only use if not in Heujetla. 8. My drawers, TV, DVD player, SKY box, lotions. 9. My computer (w/ a Criminal Intent video on it no less). 10. Alan's desk. My teaching books are in the middle. We can see who the messy one is here.
The other surprise was not a good one. My former Sunday school teacher died this past week. I was so blessed as I got to take him to one of his last radiation treatments. We thought he had six months to a year left, but it was more like one week. He challenged me and he will most certainly be missed.
So, now I'm sitting here watching Criminal Intent videos on YouTube, reading food blogs and copying receipes, and watching Grease on TCM. I'll probably watch some One Tree Hill later. Finally starting to feel like I'm back in Mexico.

No comments: